How should I submit a request to change my captive’s business plan?

All requests should be submitted through Business Plan Change Request.

At a minimum, requests should include an executive summary explaining the details of the plan change and draft copies of any affected policies, agreements, etc. Depending on the type and materiality of the change, other documentation may be required such as revised financial proformas, most recent unaudited financials, parent’s financials, documentation of board approval, etc.

Show All Answers

1. Does South Carolina require annual board meetings?
2. Does South Carolina require a resident director?
3. Where can I find information on credit for reinsurance in the SC Code of Laws?
4. How often are captive examinations required by South Carolina?
5. When are captive filings due?
6. Do I need to submit hard copy or electronic filings?
7. How often should proforma projections be filed and what should be included?
8. How do I redomesticate to South Carolina?
9. What are the minimum capitalization requirements for South Carolina captives?
10. What are the fees and rates in South Carolina?
11. Does South Carolina have any investment restrictions?
12. How do I request a Certificate of Good Standing?
13. How do I become an approved service provider in South Carolina?
14. How should I submit a request to change my captive’s business plan?
15. Where can I find the most up-to-date version of the SC Code of Laws or SC Code of Regulations?
16. How do I pay premium taxes?
17. What information related to captive insurance companies is kept confidential by the SC Department?